- Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
- The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.
- One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men.
No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
- Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- What chance gathers she easily scatters. A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together.
- A leader is a dealer in hope.
- He who has never learned to obey
cannot be a good commander.